In episode 4 of season 3, Prof. Kathryn Schifferdecker and Katie Langston talk with Kristofer Phan Coffman, about what’s different between the Catholic and Protestant Bible.
Biblical books and passages mentioned
Topics, themes and figures mentioned
- Masoretic Text
- Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
- The Orthodox Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia
- Deterocanonical & Apocryphal Books
- Judith and Holofernes: Renaissance paintings
- Martin Luther: German reformer
- “Epistle of Straw”
Ancient works mentioned
- Septuagint (LXX)
- Vulgate: Lation translation of the Bible by Jerome
- 1 & 2 Maccabees
- Ecclesiasticus/Wisdom of Solomon
- Book of Baruch
- Bel and the Dragon
Other helpful resources
- New Jerusalem Bible
- Enter the Bible Podcast S2E1: What Is the Bible?: A discussion between Kathryn Schifferdecker and Katie Langston.
- Enter the Bible Podcast S2E2: Who wrote the Bible?: A discussion between Kathryn Schifferdecker and Katie Langston.