About Enter the Bible
Get to know the perspective of our contributors and our goals for this project
So What Exactly Are We Doing Here?
Enter the Bible is here to help everyday disciples and spiritual seekers engage Scripture in ways that are thoughtful, accessible, and faithful—with an aim to encourage and strengthen faith in the God revealed in the Old and New Testaments.
That doesn’t mean our approach is uncritical: we deal honestly with academic insights and resources, take into account modern criticism of the Bible, and discuss theological difficulties within the biblical texts. Yet we affirm that the Bible is the Word of God—and is sturdy enough to handle the questions we throw at it.
Enter the Bible’s Contributors & Commitments
While our contributors come from a variety backgrounds and traditions, all content is written and/or vetted by Luther Seminary faculty and staff. Contributors are generally both academically trained and practicing people of faith. They don’t agree on everything, but tend to approach the Bible with these values in common:
- The Bible is central to Christian faith and practice, and is the Word of God.
- The Bible is meaningful, useful, and true—but that doesn’t mean it’s a science or history textbook.
- Sustained engagement with the depth, breadth, and complexity of the biblical texts helps people deepen their faith and grow in spiritual maturity.
- You don’t have to check your brain at the door when you enter a church or open your Bible.
- The more you read and understand the Bible, the more you’ll be taken on a wild and wonderful journey. The Bible will connect you with God, drive you crazy, call you to prayer, challenge your assumptions, startle you, delight you, amaze you, and infuriate you—sometimes all at once. Good.
Our goal is to make Enter the Bible a premiere resource of trustworthy biblical information for congregations that are working to improve biblical literacy, for individual Christians who want to deepen their relationship with God, and for spiritual seekers who are curious about the Bible and Christianity.