In the second episode of season 3, Prof. Kathryn Schifferdecker and Katie Langston address more listener questions, including:
- Numbers in the Bible: What is their meaning?
- What is the best way to explain the binding of sins to an elementary Sunday school class?
- My question is about the bible passages found in Isaiah chapter 53, verses 4-12. Who is Isaiah referring to in those passages? I always thought Isaiah was referring to our Savior Jesus Christ. However I was told at our last text study that the person Isaiah is talking about in Isaiah 53:4-12 was a servant in Israel and not referring to our Savior Jesus Christ. Can you please clarify this for me?
Biblical books and passages mentioned
- Isaiah 53:4-12
- Revelation 14:1-20
Topics, themes and figures mentioned
- Secret Code
- The Da Vinci Code: novel by Dan Brown
- The Number of 7: the number of completeness and perfection
- The Number of 12
- The Number of 40
- The Number of 666
- The Mark of the Lamb: 144,000
- Roman Emperor Nero (37-68 AD)
- Binding of Sins